The college admissions process is one of the most daunting and stressful components of a high school student’s trajectory. At Aureus Prep, we work with students across the globe to ease the stress and to strategically guide them through the process of preparing for and applying to universities of their choices. We are experts not only at collaborating to identify schools that will be a good fit for each student, but also in preparing and guiding our students throughout the entire process. Our goal is to get to know each student as thoroughly as possible in order to provide the best guidance available and to tailor the admissions approach to his or her unique needs, skills, goals, and desires. What each student wants to achieve is our foremost priority.
Our individually tailored counseling on the entire admissions process includes the following:
- One-on-one support (via phone, skype, email, in-person) with an expert counselor throughout the entire application and admissions process
- Helping students to identify and utilize their strengths and interests
- Customized assistance with academic opportunities, extracurricular plans, schools, online courses
- Supporting students’ emotional and psychological well-being throughout stressful times and processes.
- Preparation of and customized feedback on activity lists and resumes
- Refining coursework plans, testing schedules, and activities
- Developing a list of target colleges based on the student’s unique needs and goals
- Selecting teachers for letters of recommendation, helping students facilitate teacher communication, and guiding students through the process of obtaining letters
- Recommending summer activities based on the student’s interests
- Preparing for college interviews
- Facilitating communication with university representatives
- Keeping students on task to complete all components of college applications
- Brainstorming and providing individualized feedback on personal statements and essays, focusing on accurately conveying who the student is to the admissions committees while simultaneously capturing attention of the reader
- Inspiring each and every student throughout the process
Though our work is highly personalized and we come to know each student quite well as we guide them through the application process, the results of our individualized work in college admissions is best indicated in numbers:
In 2015, 91% of Aureus students were admitted to their first choice colleges, many of which were Ivy League institutions.
93% of Aureus students were accepted to at least one of their top 3 college choices, all of which ranked in the U.S. News and World Report Top Universities. For a list of our college acceptances, please click here.
Get In Touch
Contact us for more information on individualized college admissions consulting.